Global CoreMedia Customers Win Seven Prestigious Web Industry Awards
CoreMedia Customers Hamburg.de, Mondou and N24 Recognized for Website Excellence with 2013 WebAwards and W3 Awards
HAMBURG and SAN FRANCISCO, November 7, 2013 — CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, today announced its customers Hamburg.de, Mondou and N24 have won 2013 WebAwards and W3 Awards. Hamburg.de and N24 have developed their websites with CoreMedia’s industry-leading WCM platform, CoreMedia CMS, which enables businesses to create dynamic, reliable, context-aware experiences online and on any channel, and Mondou has leveraged CoreMedia LiveContext to optimize its online sales and marketing channel performancewith rich, contextual marketing information across touchpoints.
- Founded in 1997, the mission of the Web Marketing Association is to set a high standard for Internet marketing and development. Its annual WebAward Competition is dedicated to naming the best websites across 96 industries and defines the competition that sets industry benchmarks for the best websites.
- Providing a forum to honor talented individual and team efforts for outstanding website development, websites are assessed by a professional judging panel based on seven standards of excellence: design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use.
- Hamburg.de, the official online portal of the City of Hamburg and the surrounding metropolitan area is the leading source of information and services to residents and visitors. This year, Hamburg.de won a 2013 WebAward for “Outstanding Website.”
- Mondou is Canadian leader in the distribution of products, services and accessories for the health and well-being of pets of all kinds. This year, Mondou earned a 2013 WebAward for “Outstanding Website.”
- Reaching 93 percent of all German households, N24 is Germany’s largest television news channel and hosts a large repository of educational video and news content that is accessible to users at any time and on any online touchpoint. This year, N24 won a 2013 WebAward for “Best News Website.”
- Sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from media, interactive, advertising, and marketing firms, the W3 Awards honorcreative excellence on the web and recognize the creative and marketing professionals behind award winning sites, videos and marketing programs.
- In its eighth year, the W3 Awards honor four categories: websites, mobile sites and applications, marketing and web video. Website entries are judged creativity, usability, navigation, functionality, visual design, and ease of use. Best in Show selections honor only the top once percent of all work entered, and Silver Awards are earned by outstanding entries.
- Hamburg.de won a 2013 Best in Show Award in the “Website – Tourism” category.
- Mondou won a 2013 Silver Award in the “Website - Shopping” category.
“Over the past few years, we noticed that our traffic was coming from increasingly different touchpoints. Thus, we recognized the need to provide our editors with a solution that would allow them develop unique and dynamic user experiences across all devices,” said Joerg Dienemann, Head of IT, Hamburg.de. “CoreMedia’s CMS gave our editors an easy-to-use, unified interface that powers contextual, meaningful Web experiences for visitors, and since its implementation, we’ve been able to support the mobile traffic of 49 million visitors. We’re excited that our work has been recognized by both the WebAwards and W3 Awards.”
“The WebAward for Outstanding Website and our W3 Award validates our focus on online engagement and the strides that we’ve made in our Web technology over the past few years,” said Pierre Bazinet, Directeurs Services administratifs et Projets spéciaux, Mondou. “We chose CoreMedia LiveContext for its ability to orchestrate content from disparate systems and ease the editorial process for creating compelling product content for our site. With this new website, we provide the means for our customers to find their desired products faster and easier. We will continue to leverage CoreMedia LiveContext to refine the ways in which we deliver a better shopping experience for our customers online and at our stores.”
“With more people tuning into N24 via Internet-connected devices than ever before, our users expect that content be easily accessible on-demand and presented in a way that’s personalized and unique to their history with our site and their personal preferences,” stated Sven Scheffler, Head of N24 Digital, N24. “CoreMedia has enabled us to deliver the scalable capabilities needed to meet this demand, and we’re now able to deliver this experience for our users. We’re thrilled to have won a Best News Website Award from the WebAwards.”
“Seven CoreMedia customers winning WebAwards and W3 Awards in 2013 is a truly amazing accomplishment,” said Glenn Conradt, vice president of global marketing and North America, CoreMedia. “Recognition by these award organizations illustrates our global market traction successes our customers have had with CoreMedia technology.”
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company’s WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, Washington, London and Singapore. CoreMedia’s clients include global brands, such as the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, JD Group, Tchibo, Telefónica Germany and ZDF.
For further information, please visit www.coremedia.com.